Updated:March 28, 2024

Main content starts here.

Elementary and Junior High Schools


To enroll a child with foreign citizenship in a public elementary or junior high school in Minato City, complete the necessary procedures at the School Affairs Section of City Hall. Bring the following when applying for enrollment:

Necessary documentation: Documentation verifying the child’s address, name, date of birth, and gender, such as a residence card or passport

Inquiries: Educational Affairs Subsection, School Affairs Section

Tel: 03-3578-2726 to 2729


Education Costs

During the years of compulsory education at Minato City schools, enrollment fees, tuition, and textbooks are free of charge. However, guardians are responsible for covering the costs of non-textbook teaching materials, school supplies used by their child, school lunch, field trips, and school trips. If your family’s financial situation makes it difficult for you to cover the necessary education costs, contact the school or the School Affairs Section.

Inquiries: School Administration Support Subsection, School Affairs Section

Tel: 03-3578-2731


Minato City Elementary Schools

Minato City Junior High Schools


Let us know your opinions for a better website.

Was the information on this page useful?

Was the information on this page easy to find?